This month we’re entering a period of independence, expansion, and major growth, says Melinda Lee Holm. Find out how these tarot cards explain July 2017 …
We’ve come to the long, hot days of Summer! After the fine-tuning inner work of June, which helped us gain clarity and perspective, July is set to help us move into the public realm.
We’re set for a month-long journey of independence, expansion, action, and collaboration. This can be a great period of growth, both personally and professionally, if we tune in to the energy and amplify the signal in our daily lives.
:: 7/4 Independence Day- Ace of Swords ::
On July 4th, we celebrate the signing of the country’s Declaration of Independence, and it’s a great opportunity to declare our own personal independence. Let’s honor our chosen allegiances with all the bravado of a fireworks show – loud, beautiful, and unapologetically ostentatious.
The Ace of Swords has just the energy we need to pull off this grandiose project. As the symbol of the pure, primal power of the element of Air, the Ace of Swords promotes decisiveness, mental clarity and acuity, and effective communication – all incredibly powerful tools for gaining and lovingly asserting our independence.
Calling in the Ace of Swords:
- Carry Aquamarine to promote clear communication of your needs and boundaries
- Wear a Joan of Arc medal – the saint is not only a great representative of independent spirit, her coat of arms bears a single sword and crown
- Eat garlic to strengthen the body’s physical and energetic immunity to sickness and negative energies
- Listen to your favorite music while working or doing household tasks – create your own personal soundtrack!
:: 7/10 Nikola Tesla Day- Hanged Man ::
Nikola Tesla was an incredibly gifted scientist who did not live to see his achievements recognized in profit or prestige. In many ways, he helped to expand our world, announcing proof of the possibility of wireless communication in 1893 and working for decades on a plan to supply power wirelessly – and free of charge – to the entire world.
His ideas were far ahead of his time. Some we have not caught up to even now. The world needed to wait and to slowly change its view of what is possible before it could understand Tesla’s gifts.
The Hanged Man carries the wisdom the world needs to catch up to those ahead of their time. Counterintuively, we don’t need to race to catch up, rather we need to slow down and shift our thinking so we can expand our realm of possibilities.
Like The World (that we looked to last month), this figure has its legs held in the shape of the symbol for Jupiter, planet of expansion. But the expansion here comes from a conscious shift in perspective and a major dose of patience.
Calling in The Hanged Man:
- Rearrange the furniture in your home
- Take a new – and longer – route to a familiar place
- Sleep with selenite by your bedside to open up expanded consciousness in your dream state
- Try a food you’ve never tasted
:: 7/20 Mars in Leo- Knight of Wands ::
The entry of impulsive Mars into the fiery, confident sign of Leo can be extremely useful for pushing forward on big goals, especially those that have been delayed by overthinking or self-doubt.
Mars is the planetary keeper of elemental Fire energy – action based purely on intuition – and when coupled with Leo’s fearlessness, he can be an incredible ally in getting projects completed and promoted.
We have just over 6 weeks to harness this energy. To take full advantage of all it has to offer, we look to Fire of Fire, the Knight of Wands. Knights are the activators of the Tarot court. They seek to bring the energy of their element out into the world. The Kinght of Wands gallops boldly through life fueled by the pure conviction of his intuitive knowing and his unrelenting need for action.
Calling in the Knight of Wands:
- Carry carnelian to promote the firey warrior spirit within
- Eat spicy food
- Go for a run or a brisk walk – get your blood pumping with forward motion
- Wear warm colors to activate the lower chakras
:: 7/30 International Day of Friendship- 3 of Cups ::
The International Day of Friendship was started in 2011 by the United Nations to promote peace and understanding between nations. This unifying intention can be honored in our personal lives as well by drawing our friends and collaborators near and expressing thanks for their presence in our lives.
The 3 of Cups is the perfect guide for this celebration of togetherness. We see 3 women dancing in a circle, holding their cups high, surrounded by the fruits of a bountiful harvest. It is a lesson in the abundance that comes from joyful collaboration.
Calling in the 3 of Cups:
- Wear gardenia perfume – gardenias attract friendship
- Give chrysanthemums – in Victorian flower language, mums say “You’re a wonderful friend”
- Host a dinner party with your BFFs
- Carry Rainbow Moonstone – it promotes harmony between people while protecting individuality