Welcome to sweet, sun-kissed summertime! Pack up your beach bag and don’t forget to bring the perfect tarot cards for June 2017, says Melinda Lee Holm.
As we leave the blossoming of Spring behind and head into the cultivation of Summer, June brings the promise of a new era of personal growth and development. We will be challenged to see clearly, to get in touch with our deepest desires, to integrate the lessons of the past so we can expand into the future, and to honor both the yin and yang as indispensible parts of our whole beings.
Let June’s tarot guides lead the way … (to be used in conjunction with the monthly Tarotscopes for your sign by Lindsay Mack!)
:: 6/09 Jupiter Stations Direct in Libra – The World ::
This planet of expansion has been retrograde since February 5 of this year, giving us the chance carefully consider the steps we are taking to develop personally and professionally. When she stations direct on the 9th, we are in a great position to use all of that gathered wisdom to grow purposefully and consciously, and Libra’s influence will bring a touch of beauty and partnership to the mix.
The Major Arcana’s final card, The World, represents the birth of a new era built upon the work and completion of a previous cycle. In the card, we see a figure with her legs positioned in the shape of Jupiter’s symbol floating in a womb-like container, surrounded by watchful celestial allies. She pauses now, taking in the greatness of the cycle she has completed so she can fully integrate the wisdom of this phase before she steps into the next, knowing that the Universe will be here to support her continued growth.
Calling in The World:
- Spend a day alone at the spa (or the beach, or in the tub)—emerge feeling reborn
- Eat figs—they are associated with Jupiter’s fecundity
- Give yourself a clean slate by clearing out your desk, your closet, or your whole house
- Add a drop or 2 of food-grade Frankincense oil to your juice or tea—the strong anti-inflammatory properties of the resin will help calm your body from the inside out
:: 6/12 School’s Out! – 7 of Cups ::
Whether you’re in school or not, now is a great time to get into the ‘school’s out’ mentality and focus on following your bliss. Forget about what you think you should be doing or should be desiring, ignore the chatter telling you what success looks like, and explore your heart’s true desires on these long gorgeous days of sun and leisure.
With the 7 of Cups as our guide, we can take a minute to turn on, tune in, and drop out of the rat race and into our own personal paradise. The Rider-Waite illustration shows us that the outer trappings of glory we grasp for —beauty, riches, a big house, a dragon!—are incomparable to the emotional fulfillment that comes from finding that magical something that sets our heart on fire. Symbolized by the draped, glowing figure in the central cup, this intangible light of joy is the source of true bliss.
Calling in the 7 of Cups:
- Wear or carry raw or cut Ruby—the stone helps ignite the heart’s true passion
- Volunteer for a cause you are passionate about
- Go on vacation, even for a day—without your phone and computer
- Wear loose fitting clothing, allowing your body to move completely without restriction, following its own bliss!
:: 6/18 Father’s Day – King of Pentacles ::
Tradition in the US has pulled the holiday away from its Catholic roots and toward a more personal celebration of the bond between Dads and their kids. It’s an important holiday in a culture that does not tend to reward men for the nurturing, understanding, and caring qualities they need to be great fathers.
The King of Pentacles, the Tarot’s nurturing patriarch, provides us with a wonderful example of the power of gentle masculinity. He leads with a velvet touch, encouraging everything and everyone around him to grow and thrive as best fits their individuality. This laid back, supportive nature combined with his readiness to fight for those around him (note the armor peeking out from beneath his robe) make the King of Pentacles my pick for best Dad of the deck.
Calling in the King of Pentacles:
- Dress decadently—patterns, colors, fabrics—wear what feels regal!
- Meditate with Clear Calcite—it promotes unconditional love and helps clear any blockages to giving or receiving it
- Plant wildflowers or other plants native to your area
- Commit to only giving advice when it is asked for
:: 6/20 Summer Solstice – The Sun ::
Summer Solstice festivals in agrarian societies honored the fire of life and the drive to plant and produce in hopes of a bountiful harvest. Metaphorically, it’s a time to invigorate our personal goals and plans with this renewed fire.
The message of The Sun card is ‘what you see is what you get.’ This can be a challenging energy if what you see is not what you want to believe. But once we push past the loss of the created narrative, we can feel the relief of simply being able to trust what is present rather than obsessing over the past or fantasizing about the future. The Sun calls us to see and believe in the here and now.
Calling in The Sun:
- Go outside and bask in the rays! (don’t forget your sunblock)
- Decorate your space with fresh sunflowers
- Wear or carry Fluorite—the mental clarity it provides help tap into the psychic illumination The Sun card offers
- Eat citrus fruits—the cleansing properties of citrus will help you to stay clear and present