Plunge into the pleasures of Pisces Season with mermaid beauty that sparkles and shimmers. Eunice Lucero serves up the top deep-sea picks to make part of your world …
Happy Pisces season, sirens! Now that we’re smack-dab in the middle of the spiritual, watery vibes, we can’t help but ride the waves of emotion as we indulge in a bit of escapism …
Queue the soul-soothing R&R, and add a dose of all things glistening, sparkly and low-key seductive—exactly what our fave beautiful, mythical sea creatures have in spades.
See which of these mermaid-inspired winners will have you yearning to be part of their world … at least for a few weeks!
// HAIR // Mermaid hair is the stuff of legend: long, wavy, sea-drenched locks down to there, in the most ethereal of colors. While we’ll never understand how mermaid hair stays healthy in all that salt water (#DisneyMagic), try these picks to emulate the etherial look.
- Captain Blanketship Mermaid Sea Salt Hair Spray, $24. For iconic beachy waves that just keep on keepin’ on, rain or shine. Aloe Vera gives hair an extra dose of moisture too. Ariel would’ve been jealous.
- Mermaid No. 1 Shampoo & Conditioner, $48. Like the fresh, oceanside getaway of your dreams in a bottle—its delicious scent has notes of coconut, sea salt, orange blossom and warm sand, with botanical extracts and the finest essential oils to boot (cruelty-free too!)
- Manic Panic High Voltage Classic Cream Formula in Mermaid, $13.99. No mermaid look is complete without trademark teal tresses, and this classic vegan semi-permanent tint makes a splash every single time.
- Sarah Potempa “The Beachwaver Pro” Curling Iron, $199. The cult fave gamechanger rotates in both directions, giving you a telltale S-shaped beachy wave in minutes. Editor tested, siren approved!
// FACE // Shine like the deep-sea treasure you are in prismatic highlighters and jewel-toned shimmer shadows, set off against impeccably hydrated skin.
- Tarte Be A Mermaid and Make Waves Eyeshadow Palette, $42. The richly pigmented hues come in both matte and metallic finishes, for moods that change like the tides. Bonus: The seashell compact matches your bra top seamlessly.
- Too Faced La Crème Mystical Effects Lipstick in Mermaid, $22. A shimmery, iridescent green-to-lilac cream lippie that’s as conditioning as it is fatally seductive. The better to draw those sailors in with, my dear!
- Lime Crime Hi-Lite Glitter-n-Glow Highlighter Palette in Mermaids, $38. This trio of lilac, pearl and sea foam green mimics the lustrous glow of oyster shells on the higher planes of your face.
- Leahlani Skincare Mermaid Mask, $38. Get those pearly shells on! Organic chlorella and spirulina give a one-two punch of anti-oxidant power to this Hawaiian-sourced superfood of a mask.
- Spectrum Collections The Glam Clam, $83. 10 brushes make up this totally on-brand set, sure to make your inner siren happy as a clam.
// BODY // The winter blues got you feeling like a fish out of water? Get back into your sexy groove with scrubs that slough off those scaly bits and a self-tanner that gives you only the good stuff.
- The Body Shop Spa of the World Atlantic Seaweed Gel-Cream, $10. Fins getting a bit too, er, scaly for your liking? Nourish, soften and refresh with this cream infused with mineral-rich Atlantic seaweed. #BornSlippy
- Million Dollar Tan Mermaid Mousse, $26. A lightweight, evenly-spreading formula makes you the talk of the Seven Seas: its hydrating botanicals and buildable formula gives a believable, sexy bronze, all harm-free.
- Nails Inc. Self Made Mermaid Duo, $15. This ocean-blue duo does all the talking when you can’t (like, you know, underwater). Fish-season tip: Use on your toes for an exceptionally Piscean pedicure.
- Lush Face and Body Scrub in Ocean Salt – Self-Preserving, $21.95. A vegan version of their best-selling body scrub, this gentler formula brightens, exfoliates and yes, protects skin that’s been through its highs and lows.